Food waste Disposer is Perfect! Easy lazy installation. I did mine the to dishwasher and was able to use existing plumbing.
Good, Basic Disposal With A Little Extra Oomph.
Quality Disposal at an Affordable Price, Much Quieter than other disposer Versions
– Have a small bucket to catch any water or backwash.
– Have a rag handy to sop up any splashes.
– Remember to punch out the dishwasher plug if you plan to use that feature.
– Plan for about an hour for the whole install from start to finish.
– Use some pipe joining compound to make things a bit more resilient (I used Oatey)….this is especially useful if you plan to reuse the pipe fittings as I did.
– Remember to purchase the wiring if you don’t already have it (reuse).
Instructions were easy to follow. Read them twice and make sure you visualize how you plan to do it in your particular install.
I reused the wiring from the older model. Took 5 minutes to swap. Make sure the ground wire is making good contact!
Installation was moderately difficult. Just the sheer small space under the counter and the weird angles. Its messy to clean it.
With patience and doing things correctly, the Insinkerator 5XP worked like a champ the first time around.
ote about the food waste disposal.
The motor is powerful and I definitely noticed the difference in chewing up food waste.
Food waste garbage disposal is a bit noisy but it works perfectly and well priced. The reason we have had three is because we have used them in two different houses.
It is nice to know that InSinkErator household garbage disposer is compact, affordable and reliable.
Our first one began to leak after 4 or 5 years so I called InSinkErator to see if they had a better one but with the same measurements.
I assumed the warranty had expired and the customer service agent was persistent in asking for the serial number.
At no cost to me, they mailed a new device that came with a new 5-year warranty. In my book, that is good customer service. If you have limited space under your sink, this is probably the disposal you want.
It grinds bones, peach pits, peels, etc. without any problem.